Administration of complaints:
Any complaint received by PTAB in writing or by e-mail or telephone in respect of its functions as a certification body, or an organization certified by it, shall be fully reviewed by the CEO and shall be recorded in the complaints register. The tracking and recording of complaints, including actions undertaken in response to them, is the responsibility of the CEO.
If the complaint relates to a certified client:
- CEO must ensure that the effectiveness of the certified management system is checked by competent auditor(s), who were not involved with the client previously.
- The complaint is sent to the certified client within 14 days of receiving the complaint and recorded in the complaint register.
If the complaint is about PTAB’s functions as a certification body:
- The CEO ensures that the effectiveness of the PTAB’s management system is checked by competent auditor(s)/person(s).
- The concerned auditors may be summoned to confirm the facts if it relates to certification activity.
- After root cause analysis, methods to eliminate the cause of the complaint would be arrived at and suitable corrective and preventive measures instituted.
- If the complaint is against an officer of PTAB including the CEO then it will be investigated by the chairman of the Committee to Safeguard Impartiality.
- The complaint shall be closed within 45 days of the receiving of the complaint.
Actions on Complaints:
In case of any complaints the CEO shall:
- Verify the promptness and effectiveness of the actions aken in respect of the complaint received and ensure its prompt disposal.
- Ensure that the complainant is advised of the result of the investigation within six weeks of the receipt of the complaint.
- Ensure that all complaints, after redress and disposal, shall be closed through a closing note / closing call by the CEO. Where applicable, certification will be restored as quickly as possible.
- Ensure that any appropriate correction and corrective action are taken and also suitable preventive action is taken to avoid recurrence of such cases.
- Ensure that effectiveness of the measures adopted are covered during the next meeting of the Management Board. Management Review Meeting
- The entire process to be followed meets the requirement of confidentiality as it relates to the complaint and to the subject of the complaint. The complaints are recorded in the complaint register.
- Gather and verify all necessary information to validate the complaint.
- Ensure that the acknowledgement of receipt of the complaint is sent to the complainant and is informed about the progress and outcome in writing every month till its closure.
- Ensure that the decision communicated to the complainant is made reviewed and approved by the individual(s) not previously involved in the subject of the complaint.
- Give formal notice of the end of the complaints-handling process to the complainant.
- Ensures with the client and the complainant to the extent to which complaint may be made publicly available.
- Ensures that the complaint has been closed within the 45 days of the receiving of the complaint.
Escalation of complaints:
- If a complainant is not satisfied with the outcome of the PTAB’s complaints handling process, the complainant may refer the complaint to the PTAB Management Board directly ;
- The complaints which are not closed within agreed timeframe as prescribed shall be brought to the attention of the PTAB Management Board