The Primary Trustworthy Digital Repository Authorisation Body (ISO-PTAB) plays a major role in training auditors and repository managers. There are three important ISO standards:
- ISO 14721 (OAIS – a reference model for what is required for an archive to provide long-term preservation of digital information)
- ISO 16363 (Audit and certification of trustworthy digital repositories – sets out comprehensive metrics for what an archive must do, based on OAIS)
- ISO 16919 (Requirements for bodies providing audit and certification of candidate trustworthy digital repositories – specifies the competencies and requirements on auditing bodies)
These three standards form a closely-related family and an understanding of their principles and use will become increasingly important in establishing an internationally recognised set of trustworthy digital repositories.
The authors of these standards will be running training course covering the following topics:
- OAIS concepts
- Understanding ISO 16363
- Audit and Certification criteria overview
- Understanding organisational infrastructure
- Understanding managing and preserving digital objects
- Understanding infrastructure and security risk management
- What an auditor should look for
- Auditor competencies
If you are interested in a course please go to our Contact page.